Spend 1 hour per day browsing other blogs
Post at least 10 tweets per day
Post on Instagram at least twice per day
This month, I have three related challenges, all to do with blogging and social media, as that is the area I am trying to grow and expand in my life at the moment. Firstly, to spend 1 hour per day browsing other blogs, commenting when I have a comment to make, following the blogs I like and sharing my favourite blog posts that I read. Secondly, to post at least 10 Tweets on Twitter per day, not including retweets or comments on other Tweets. Thirdly, to post on Instagram at least twice per day. I chose these numbers because they are a step up from the amount I am currently posting, but they are still achievable.
The reasons I want to do these challenges are:
- to discover blogs that I enjoy reading and find useful, and to learn from other peoples’ knowledge and experiences.
- to get ideas and inspiration from other blogs.
- to become more a part of the blogging community and get to know and support other bloggers.
- to get more connected on social media – follow people whose tweets and/or blogs I enjoy reading, and gain more followers.
- to increase following and traffic to my blog. I have only recently started to promote it and I would love to build up a following. Having more contacts on social media will naturally lead to this, I hope!
- by increasing my following, I can share my ideas and blog posts with more people, to make a difference in their lives and the world.
- to improve my social media skills by getting more experienced in what sort of things to Tweet and put on instagram. At the moment, I find it hard to think of things to Tweet about – ideas don’t always come naturally to me. I think it’s probably a skill that can be developed!
How it’s going so far
So far, on February 3rd, it is going great! On the 1st February I posted a Tweet saying that I am spending an hour every day in February reading other blogs, and asked people to send me their links, and I got an overwhelming response. Over 100 people have sent me links to their blogs so far!
I have realised during the past 2 days that I only get through around 4-6 blogs in an hour, depending on how thoroughly I read them. I want to read all the blogs that people have sent me, and actually go in-depth with my exploration and engagement, rather than just skimming the content and writing a generic comment. So I may spend a bit longer than an hour per day reading them, for the first few days at least. I don’t want this activity to take over my whole month though, as I have other important things to do as well, such as making improvements on my blog. The comments on my first Tweet will keep me going for several days at least so I may not need to Tweet about my challenge again for a while, but I may do if I run out of blogs to read!
I think this is going to be a really fun challenge, and help me to grow my online connections whilst learning lots along the way! I will update you on how it has gone at the end of the month. I encourage anyone reading this to try this challenge too. Let’s all get connected, read lots of interesting posts and learn from each other!