I am pleased to announce that my blog has been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! It has taken me a while to get around to writing this post. I was nominated back in November by Cassie from A Life on a Dime, which is a fantastic blog about budgeting, organising, family and more. I recommend checking it out – a good place to start would be her Sunshine Blogger Award post. Thank you Cassie for the nomination!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers, in recognition of the joy, positivity and ‘sunshine’ that their blog brings to the blogging world.
The Award Rules
- Make a blog post about the Sunshine Blogger Award. In your post, thank the blogger who nominated you, and link back to their blog.
- List these rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers for the award and ask them 11 new questions.
- Let your nominees know about their nomination.
Questions from Cassie at Life on a Dime
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
I realised I had a lot of ideas and insights that I was keeping to myself. Blogging would be a way to share them and make a difference in people’s lives, and the world.
2. Do you have any other creative outlets besides writing/blogging?
I play the piano, but I’m not sure if it counts as a creative outlet because I don’t improvise or write my own music – I just read and play sheet music. I dabble in a few crafts, but overall blogging is my main creative outlet at the moment.
3. What is your dream for your blog? What do you see as its ultimate purpose?
I hope to increase my following so that my writing reaches a lot of people. As I grow and develop through life, I want to share what I learn and send ripples of positivity into the world. I also want to make money from my blog, although that is not its main purpose. It will, however, help to finance the lifestyle that I intend to live, and in turn, write about.
4. Tell me what brings you the most joy in your life.
The times when I am relaxed and enjoying lots of laughter with my friends and/or family. Fun occasions where I lose track of time and get fully absorbed in the moment.
5. How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging since September 2018.
6. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
The fact that I always stay physically and mentally active. I make plans and goals and I am always doing something productive (that includes relaxing, socialising and self-care – I have realised in recent years just how important those things are).
7. If you could go back in time before your launch, what is the one thing you would have done differently when you started your blog?
I would have started promoting my blog on social media straight away (or at least, sooner) rather than waiting 3 months. Other than that, I’m sure I made plenty of mistakes as a new blogger but I didn’t know any better at the time. It was a learning process that I’m glad I went through.
8. Is your blog purely a passion project on the side, or your full-time job?
My blog is not my full-time job, but it is more than just a hobby, and I hope to make more and more money from it as it develops.
9. Where do you feel you write best?
I only ever write in one place, which is at my desk in my bedroom. So I guess that is where I write best!
10. When do you feel most inspired to write?
When I have just got a good idea for a blog post, or when I am ‘on a roll’ and have already been doing lots of writing.
11. What is your proudest moment of the year?
It would be hard to choose the proudest moment from my life overall, but in terms of my blog, my proudest moment was probably when I worked with a brand for the first time. I was sent a PMD Clean facial cleansing device to review. (Technically that was last year, not this year!)
My 11 nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award
In my opinion, all these bloggers bring a ray of sunshine to the blogging world! I recommend checking out their blogs.
- Dark Blue Journal
- Inching Forwards
- Jenny in Neverland
- Little Miss Short Stuff
- Little Tinkablee
- Love Kyra
- Made with Love
- That Autistic Fit Chick
- That’s What Pea Said
- The Moments That Matter
- The Sacred Space
11 Questions for my nominees
Most of my questions are about your blog, but I have thrown in a few random ones at the end!
- When did you first start your blog?
- What is your favourite topic to blog about?
- Do you have a blogging schedule or do you just post at random?
- What source do most of your blog views come from?
- What is your most popular blog post?
- Do your friends and family read your blog?
- What time do you get up in the morning?
- What is your favourite animal?
- What is the last film you saw?
- What is the last book you read?
- Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction books?
Nominees – If you would like to take part, I look forward to reading your posts! But if any of you don’t wish to do a post like this, that is absolutely fine too!
All readers – I hope you enjoyed reading this post! Please do check out the blogs of my nominated bloggers because they are well worth a read!
Once again, thank you so much to Cassie from A Life on a Dime for nominating me for this award!